Hot dog warming represents a significant breakthrough in technology and features our patented ThermAssure™ fabric.
This state-of-the-art technology warms by using a semi-conductive polymeric fabric that delivers safe and effective heat to the patient – no blowing air, no hot water.
The Hot Dog controller delivers low voltage (48V DC) to the blankets, which warm by electrical resistance. The controller continuously monitors the resistance…maintaining the perfect temperature at all times.
This technology has been developed by the same doctor who invented the Bair Hugger®* forced air warming over 25 years ago.
* Bair Hugger is the registered trademark of Arizant Healthcare Inc.
HOT DOG® patient warming is:
- The flexible blankets feature electrically conductive fabric for even heat distribution
- No wires and no hot spots!
- Three heat settings to meet all of your warming needs
- Two independent over-temp alarms
- No blowing air on the surgical site
- No noise pollution
- Maintains normothermia—even on long procedures
- More effective than other warming methods
- Great for surgery, dental procedures, x-rays, recovery and more
- Durable, reusable blankets resist punctures and tears
- Low maintenance
- Low energy consumption – 100w vs. 800w for forced air and up to 800w for warm water pads